For a long time, Slovenia has been known for its great electronic parties, but as the local scene is of boutique dimensions, everyone who wishes to take the art of mixing and producing to a professional level, has to go out there and enter the worldwide scene. Umek has done this step as early as in the middle of the 90s and so he became one of the most important techno players of the global techno scene, even before the end of the last millennium. Together with people, who shared the same views, he successfully captured the first era of researching and recreating the rules of the dance music in Recycled Loops, Consumer Recreation and Astrodisco platforms, which all put the sound of the Slovenian techno on the world map of electronic music.
In the beginning of the year 2007, Umek started a new 1605 Music Therapy - Sixteenofive, with which he marked the beginning of the second era of his music creation and what an era it is! After 4 years the label is tagged as a great success and is one of the world�s fastest growing techno labels, which spawns releases and new talents almost every week. Numerous Umek�s releases and remixes pounding the Beatport Techno and Tech House Chart (on 1605 and other labels) and compilations (Convention Of The Future Deaf and The Riot!) on 1605 and one on Toolroom Records (Toolroom Knights Mixed By Umek), not to mention the vast number of already confirmed bookings for 2011, are the best proof, that Umek stays focused on his primary goal � making and selecting high quality productions that stand out from the rest and bringing his sound closer to people all around the world.
2011 started as none before! First, and interesting documentary, named �Techno heavy-weights Umek & Carl Cox in back to back interview� was released and was aplauded by Umek's audience and shared tremendously over the internet and social networks. In February, Umek gained not one, but two nominations on the Beatport Music Awards, this time as a best artist, overall, along with the likes of David Guetta, Deadmau5, Mark Knight and as a best artist picked by staff, which he latter won.
But Umek�s success story is far from done. Successful projects like interesting documentary named �Techno heavy-weights Umek & Carl Cox in back to back interview� that were already completed and many in the
01. Jason Chance - Sober Talk [Promo] 02. Oscar L - Wasap [Promo] 03. KiNK - Detunator (Mathias Kaden's 909 The Drumqueen Remix) [Liebe Detail] 04. Piani Do - Where [Soundcloud] 05. Quivver - Heres This [microCastle] 06. DJ Wady & Silvio Attanasio - Esa Nena [Bedroom Muzik] 07. Filterheadz - Heavy Hydrogen [Promo] 08. Zoltan Kontes & Diavlo - Mofo [MAR186] 09. Manna-Croup - In This Room [Kore Music] 10. Oscar L & Joseph DL - Reverse Life  11. Armando vazqez & Pedro Martin - Escalopendra [Ritmikal] 12. LXS - Grooveslave (Daniel Greenx Wicked Remix) [Techturbation] 13. Christian Cambas - Everybody (Koen Groeneveld Remix) [Abzolut (Spinnin)] 14. Simon Doty - R U Ready [Promo] 15. FIX - Flash [KMS]
UMEK: 01. Steve Rachmad - Bling It Up [Rejected] 02. Hollen & Raul Mezcolanza - Meeting Dosage  03. Scintilla - Hybrid [Soundcloud] 04. Alex Dolby - My Pamphlet (Mihalis Safras Remix) [Octopus] 05. David Devilla & Daniman - My Fader [Telepathy] 06. Hellomonkey - Sleeping  07. Mladen Tomic - Daily Trip [Promo] 08. Rok - Cycle Sluts [Muller] Yousef: 09. Butch - Lsd 25 [Cecille] 10. Andrea Oliva & Egal 3 - Nord Dub [Memoria] 11. Yousef ft. Roy David Jr. - Believe In Love [Promo] 12. Olderic - Utopian [Area Remote] 13. Mendo & Danny Seranno - Kumbha [Bouq] 14. Danny Seranno - Black Arrando [Promo] 15. Paperclip People - Throw (Slam's RTM Remix) [Planet E Communications] 16. Technasia - Heart Of Flesh [Cadenza] 17. Alex Celler & Anthea Ceademon - Loop [Cecille Numbers]
01. Christian Smith - Indulge Me [Plus 8 Records]
02. Oscar L - All About The Music [Sphera]
03. UMEK - Coridor To Jungle [Agile]
04. Steve kid - Disturbed [Soundcloud]
05. Roland M Dill - Tacit Blue [Herzblut]
06. Mazu - Temple Transfer (Nicole Moudaber Remix) [Waveform]
07. Sam Paganini - Eros [Drumcode]
08. Riva Starr & Ramon Tapia - Freedom [Snatch!]
09. Winx vs Nic Fanciuli - Don't Laugh 2012 [Saved]
10. Redhead - Black Mornings [Respect]
11. Roy RosenfelD - Paid Off 
12. Kernel Key - Omnia Tempus Habent (Oliver Giacomotto Remix) [Definitive]
13. Adoo & Unique - Duplex 
14. Jay Lumen & Gary Beck - Lotus [Drumcode]
15. Sons Of The Loop Da Loop Era - Far Out [Suburban Base